Monday, April 30, 2007

On Quarters Today (again!)

For the past three weeks or so my husband has been fighting some kind of nasty cold virus. I, on the other hand, have been in excellent health.

Until Saturday night. It hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks. It started as a little bit of a sore throat around 8 pm, then came on strong around 11 pm. I considered going to a local clinic on Sunday morning, but the last time I went they basically said, "Live with it," and didn't give me anything to fight it. So, I stayed home, in bed, and felt miserable all day: Headache, body aches, sore throat, swollen glands, hard to swallow, nasty yellow gunk from my nose. . . you get the idea.

I'll be seeing my own doctor today at 1:40 p.m. My husband went in last Friday and they finally gave him an antibiotic. Lo and behold, he's feeling a whole lot better today and was able to go to work. I'm hoping my dr. will be convinced of the connection and prescribe an antibiotic for me. Every time I've had some kind of infection (URI, strep throat) it has felt like this. I know what I have. Gimme the drugs, dammit!

As I write, the orange tabby (Tucker cat) is entertaining me with his Rambo-on-a-wad-of-paper shtick. If there were an Academy Awards for cats, Tucker would win paws down!

No comments: