Friday, August 18, 2006

Just One of Those Days

Yesterday did not start out well. I'd left my important black bag at the stationery shop. That bag holds a number of things, among them the ID I need to show to gain access to my place of business. So, at 4:30 a.m., I was in the stationery shop and, indeed, I found my bag. Only 20 minutes out of my way, but still an annoyance.

And then, no matter what I ate or did yesterday, I was HUNGRY!!!! All day it was like that, until after my workout. I had three chicken strips from McDonald's and a medium fries. I think I just needed more fat in my diet. But I tried everything -- eating protein (slower digestion and longer-lasting satiety), engaging my mind (I was developing a new knitting pattern), journaling, meditation, walking ... NOTHING WORKED! All day my stomach was growling as though whatever I put into it was getting metabolized in two seconds.

So far I'm down 3.3 lbs, which is a good thing. I don't feel as though yesterday's binge eating (I still have totaled the calories) has been a huge setback, which is a good thing. Today, I'm just moving on.

By the way, I had a fun time knitting last night. I met some new people, and I got to see my good friend Miriam (who always brings her wonderful dog Sheba). I got to show them my magnificent new yarn (from lisaknits.com) and I actually got a bit of knitting done.

Life is pretty good.

No comments: