Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Why I'm Tired

I went to my workout at the gym (7:00 to 8:00), then stopped at the grocery store for some things I'd need for the week. I arrived home near 9:00 p.m. only to find:

1. Charka had chewed up some pine cones (from a candle decoration), and those were all over the living room floor.

2. Ed had stepped onto the chewed up pine cones several times, so they were not only more broken up but also in a large area.

3. When I went to toss some of the pine cone mess into the garbage bin, it was overflowing, so I pulled out the bag to change it.

4. When I pulled out the bag of garbage, I saw where something had dripped into the bottom of the bin and was making that awful smell which had been permeating the kitchen.

5. While I was trying to clean up the garbage bin, Ed started bringing in the Christmas tree he’d bought, which knocked over a few things.

6. Then the phone rang – it was my sister Marcy who needed to check on several things.

7. Somewhere in there I was able to put a Weight Watcher’s pizza into the microwave so that I could at least have some supper.

8. I was tasked to decorate the tree, which entailed first figuring out which string(s) of lights actually worked. I was on this task because the hospital called to talk with Ed about some concerns they had for his mother (she went into the ER last night with high blood pressure; they got that under control and all was reasonably well until last night when she was quite disoriented).

9. I think I got to eat my Weight Watcher’s pizza while I put the garland onto the tree.

10. Vacuuming commenced once the tree was decorated and all of the boxes were put away.

I was in bed by 10:30 p.m.

No comments: