Sunday, September 03, 2006

Another Fine Day

I love my dog, but some mornings I could just strangle her! She had me awake at 5:00 a.m. and she fussed (despite fresh food, fresh water, and several trips outside) until around 7:00 a.m. I was due to wake at 8:00 a.m. for sort-of water aerobics (we walk back and forth in the lanes and pump our arms a lot -- no one stands on the deck and screams at us, which we like) at 9:00 a.m. with my friend Richard. Man, I was crabby! And then the water was COLD!!!!!! Like they'd just taken the ice cubes out before I got in!

I got home around 10:30 a.m. and sorted laundry. Then my husband comes home from his Sunday a.m. meeting at CompUSA, only to change clothes because some IDIOT changed the schedule on Friday or Saturday (the two days he didn't work last week) so that he had to work today, but no one bothered to call and let him know about it. What jerks!

At 1:00 p.m. I met Louise at the stationery shop and we started in on prep work for painting that horrid yellow bathroom. By 4:00 p.m. we were finished with the first coat. We even painted the dark woodwork (a short piece of wainscotting and the vanity cabinet) -- everything went to a creamy white color (that's white with a touch of yellow in it) and it looked so much better by the time we were done with that first round. I mean, that bathroom had been hazard-yellow! schoolbus yellow! Too-much lemon yellow! crayon yellow! Awful, bright yellow in a small closet of a room!

I showered when I got home, as did my dear husband. Then we went to dinner at Famous Dave's. Also, I'm nearly finished with the first sock I've knit from Sock! yarn by Lisa Souza, and I'm nearly finished (just the thumb yet) of the left mitten for the ensemble for my niece. I've noted my directions on both, necessary since I manage to screw up the written directions and end up with my own, unique item!

Gotta run!

No comments: