Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I was in bed at 11:00 p.m. (Central Standard Time) only to be wakened by Charka dog when the fireworks in the neighborhood started going off at midnight. The fireworks lasted only about 10 minutes this year, but Charka stayed curled up on the floor beside my bed. About 12:45 a.m., though, I still couldn't get back to sleep, so I came downstairs to the computer room. I was listing to some of Craig Ferguson's monologues, but the feed would somehow get hung up on my computer and twice I had to turn off the entire thing because there was no other way to end the program (despite all of the other commands to do so). Ah, Windows! Such a fragile piece of junk!

Anyway, I was knitting whilst I listened to the one or two monologues that came through. It's nearly 3:00 a.m. now, and I'm finally feeling tired enough to go to bed.

Happy New Year! (And Happy National Hangover Day to those who feel that applies to them.)

No comments: