Monday, February 12, 2007

Lost Weekend

I had Friday a.m. off from my full-time job to make the rounds of doctors, only to gain at least two more appointments for next week. Oh, joy. I was diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis in my right hip, so I got a hefty injection of cortisone which I'm hoping will have the lovely side effect of clearing up my psoriasis, too. :)

I worked Friday afternoon at the stationery shop, then went to my workout (yes, you can have a decent workout even if you have bursitis), and then I collapsed at home with my wonderful husband. We snuggled up in bed -- well, for a little while since Charka dog decided to wake around 11:00 p.m. to go outside.

When I woke on Saturday morning I was certain it was Sunday, so I was running around trying to get my gym bag put together with my swimming suit and, for later, church clothes. Then I remembered what day it was and calmed down. I spent Saturday morning photographing my socks for Knitty (it's amazing how many interesting people you meet when you're sitting on your coat outdoors with your be-stockinged feet up against a marble wall so you can photograph them), then met Lorna, Mary, and Linda for sit and knit at Borders. Fortunately, I'd been in the Old Market, so I stopped at Délice for some petit fours and chocolate-dipped strawberries. Unfortunately, I had a sinus-migraine brewing so I left at 1:00 p.m. when it got to be too much. So, I put on a heating pad at home and slept the afternoon away. That evening I did a little knitting and did a little bit of laundry.

Sunday I met my friend Richard at the gym for water aerobics (OK, we just walk back and forth in the lanes, but we pump our arms really hard), then got myself dressed and spruced up for church. It was membership Sunday and I joined, which was a nice feeling -- not just of belonging, but of finding a church community that has the same values as I have (inclusiveness, non-discrimination, caring, reaching out, etc.). But, when I returned home, I was really tired again. Ed and I slept until about 7:00 p.m.

So, little was accomplished in terms of getting things done around the house or even getting knitting done, but it was fun and relaxing in so many other ways.

Still slogging away at it!

No comments: