Monday, February 05, 2007

What's Good in My Life

I promised a friend I would blog this and then refer to it regularly when I start the downward spiral into frustration and depression. Here goes:

I can knit and I have lots of yarn to knit with. I have enough yarn that I could probably go two years without buying any more. OK, maybe three years, but I don't think I could last that long. :) I also have lots of fun patterns and the ability to work them.

I can sew and I have lots of fabric to sew with. I have enough fabric to keep myself in decent clothing for quite a while (how long does clothing last?) and enough to make a quilt for each of my nine siblings. At the moment I'm working on a quilt with a simple four-patch design. The fabrics are reproductions from the quilt Jane Austen made (and that is on display at her home in England). The fabrics are featured in a lot of places. These are from Keepsake Quilting.

I have a good husband. He's not perfect, but he's perfect for me. He is my balance. He makes it possible for me to be me with all of my silly quirks and foibles and crazy creativity. He cooks. He runs the snow-blower over the driveway when necessary. He makes me laugh. He thinks of me.

I have a great dog. She is the first dog I've ever picked out from a puppy, and I love her to pieces. She is huggable and happy and hilarious.

I have three wonderful cats, and my favorite is the black one, Scratch, who I picked out at the Humane Society 15 years ago this August. He is so cuddly and he accepts me as if I'm just another big cat in the house. His fur is soft and plush. It is comforting to pet him.

I have a comfortable, spacious house.

....More good stuff later. I have to run off and do some other stuff.

No comments: